The Electronic Edition of the
Works of P.R. Sarkar
• Welcome to EE9
• New content and features
• Download and try
• iPhone (Coming later)
• Buy EE9 now
• Become an EE9 distributor
• Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to EE9
Eledit 9, the latest Electronic Edition
of the Works of P.R. Sarkar,
is an application that you can download and
install on your computer or mobile phone.
Windows, Mac and Android versions are already available.
An iPhone versions will become available
in the near future.
New content and features
EE9 now contains almost
in 142 books,
including the recent titles
An Outline of Prout,
Who Is the Real Guru,
and Subha's'ita Sam'graha Part 5.
A few more books are currently being
prepared for inclusion, and will be
automatically downloaded into EE9
when they will become available.
Another new feature of EE9
is a searchable Sanskrit dictionary.
It contains over 140,000 words
and uses Roman Samskrta for
display and search.
EE9 also contains a new search
function capable of word,
phrase, wildcard and proximity search.
You can also save searches
for later quick access to
the list of matching results.
Download and try
You can download a free version
of EE9 and see for yourself how
The free version contains
only the first few words of the various
documents and discourses, to show how
(For purchasing the full version with
the complete set of all the books and
discourses, see below.)
Here are links to download
- Download the installer file above ("electronic_edition_setup.exe")
on your Windows machine and run it.
- If Windows issues a warning, e.g. "Windows prevented an unknown app from running",
click on "More Info" and then "[Run Anyway]".
- After the installation you will find "Electronic Edition" listed
among the programs in Windows' Start menu.
How to uninstall EE9 from a Windows machine
- If the EE9 program is running, close it.
- Open Windows' control panel.
- Click on Add/Remove programs.
- Locate "Electronic Edition 9" in the list of installed programs,
and click on "Uninstall".
- To manually remove the remaining files, find the
folder "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Edition 9"
and delete it.
- Download the DMG file from the above link to your Mac.
- If a previous version is already installed, stop it and remove it from Applications.
(Right click on it, and then "move to trash")
- Double-click on the downloaded DMG file to open it ("mount" it).
- In the mounted DMG, grab the "Electronic Edition" icon with the mouse
and drop it over "Applications". This will install EE9 on your machine.
- Because this software is not distributed by Apple, you will get
some warning during installation.
- In particular, the first time
you run it, you may have to control-click the EE9 icon
(instead of a regular click) and then give your permission
to run the app.
- To complete the installation, you may also have to open
Apple's menu, then "Security and Privacy",
then give your permission to install the app.
How to uninstall EE from a Mac machine
- Close the EE9 app if it's running.
- Open Applications in Finder.
- Grab the "Electronic Edition" icon with the mouse
and drop it over the trash bin.
- Download the APK file from the link above to
your Android device.
- On your Android device, locate the APK
file in the Download folder(*)
and tap it to install it.
- Your device will request your permission to
install. Approve the installation to continue.
(Your device may also warn you that this app
is not from Google's official Play Store.
Give your approval to continue.)
- Please note that this app is completely
safe and doesn't require any additional
permissions: no access to the phone, sms,
files, camera, etc.
(*) Android devices have an app usually
named "File manager" or "Files" that you can
use to browse the folders and files on your
Downloaded files are usually saved into
a folder named "Download". If your device has
a memory expansion card, you may have to look
Status: under development
The iPhone version is under development
and it will appear in Apple's App Store
Buy EE9 now
- The Electronic Edition version 9 costs
75 USD / 65 Euro
for Windows, MacOS and Android. We want P.R. Sarkar's writings to be accessible in regions of the world where people may not be able to afford $75. If you feel you speak for such a region, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a possible discount.
- To buy it right now via PayPal:
- A single purchase allows you to install
the full EE9 on multiple devices running Windows,
MacOS, or Android.
- The iPhone version will work separately,
see below for details.
- EE9 may be bought online or
from Acaryas and Ananda Marga units
all over the world.
(See below if you want to become an
- After the purchase you get a license code that
allows you to install the full EE9 dataset on
all your computers (Windows or Mac) and
Android phones and tablets.
- We recommend that you first download the free
trial version, check that everything
works well on your device,
and then buy your EE9 license.
- New books and additional material will be
added to EE9 in the coming months and years.
You will be able to download the latest data
with a single click at no extra cost.
- Even after changing phone or computer,
your EE9 license will always allow you to install
the latest version of EE9 on your new devices
(Windows, MacOS, Android) at no extra cost.
- If you need technical help or if you
have any questions, contact email@example.com
- An iPhone version is under development,
and it will become available in the near future.
- Because of restrictions imposed by the iPhone's
Apple company, we will not be able to include
the iPhone version in the same bundle described
above that supports Windows, MacOS and Android
devices with a single license. Instead, we will have
to sell the iPhone app separately, and only
through the official Apple iOS App Store.
- In other words, there will be two
completely separate EE9 products: one
valid for Windows, MacOS, and Android,
and another valid only for the iPhone.
A license for one will not work
on the other.
- At present a price has not been set for the
iPhone version, but it will probably be less than
the above price for the multi-platform license.
- The system for receiving newly added books
later on, at no extra cost, will be the same
on the iPhone as on the other platforms.
Become an EE9 distributor
You can become an EE9 distributor
and sell EE9 licenses in Ananda Marga units,
during retreats, at lectures and public events, etc.
For more information contact
Frequently Asked Questions
What's new and different in EE9 compared to the EE7 CDs?
- EE7 was a CD containing HTML text, to be viewed in a web browser.
EE9 is an app that you can install on Windows, Mac, or Android devices.
(An iPhone version will become available in the future)
- EE7 contained a search tool for Windows. The EE9 app contains
an improved search tool for all platforms: Windows, Mac, and Android.
- With a single click, EE9 performs an automatic (free) update whenever
new books, translations, or new versions of the software becomes
available. This wasn't available in EE7.
- The full version of EE9 allows you to install the same dataset
on multiple devices (e.g. one or two computers, one or two mobile
phones or tablets, etc., which wasn't available in EE7.)
- Recent versions of Amazon Kindle (Android-based) may also be used to
install EE9. This wasn't possible with EE7.
- Significant revisions and corrections of many books and discourses
are included. This is an ongoing work, and all such future
improvements will be included in the free EE9 updates.
- Since EE7 was published, several new English books have been printed.
Some of them are already included in EE9 and
the rest are currently at different stages in the process.
EE9 owners will automatically receive these new books at no additional
cost whenever they will be released. (Clicking on "check for updates"
automatically downloads and installs any new material that has become
The new books already included in EE9 include:
Subhás'ita Samgraha Part 5
Who Is the Real Guru?
An Outline of Prout
Books that will be added to EE9 in the near future include:
Birds and Animals, Our Neighbours
Ánanda Vacanámrtam Part 11
Ánanda Vacanámrtam Part 13
Histories along the Way Vol. 1 (originally published as 3 separate books in Bengali)
Sarkar's Short Stories Part 2
Sarkar's Short Stories Part 3
Sarkar's Short Stories Part 4
Sarkar's Short Stories Part 5
Sarkar's Short Stories Part 6
Subhás'ita Samgraha Part 6
Bengal & Bengalees Part 1
- A brand-new discourse, never before published in any language,
is also now included in EE9. The title is "Human Beings Have the Most Excellent Projective Movement".
- The Romanized lyrics of all 5019 Prabhat Samgiit will
also be included as a free EE9 update in the not too distant
Was there a version 8?
Yes, but it was never published.
EE8 was designed as an online-based system
not only for reading/searching but also
as a translation platform.
Eventually EE8 development was discontinued
and replaced by the EE9 app-based model.
A set of translation tools are currently
under development and will become available
to P.R. Sarkar translators as EE9
How do I register my copy with my license code?
On Android, there's a blue box in the home page
of the app, copy and paste the license number there.
On macOS and Windows, open the first tab (EE9 Home)
at the first page (Electronic Edition 9), and then copy
and paste your license number in the blue box, as in
I didn't receive my EE9 license code after purchase
Sometimes people don't see the email that we sent
with their license code, because our email has been
put into the Spam folder by Hotmail or Gmail or other
similar email systems.
This happens sometimes when receiving an email for the
first time from a new address, so if you're expecting
an email with the code, and it's not arriving yet,
check your spam folder as well.
And of course, feel free to write us for help
at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Can I install EE9 on multiple devices?
The standard version of EE9 allows you to install it
on up to 5 different devices running Windows, MacOS
and Android. iOS is currently not supported.
Limited editions of EE9 whose license code starts
with "I1" allow a single installation on a single device.
Can I install EE9 on Amazon Kindle?
Recent versions of Kindle Fire which run on Android might
be able to run the Android version of EE9.
The only way to find out whether a particular Kindle
device can run EE9 is to try it directly.
The steps, in principle, are:
- Download the EE9 for Android installation file.
The Android download link is here in this page.
- In the Kindle settings, give permission to install apps
from external sources. (by default it only allows apps from Amazon)
- Install the EE9 app on your Kindle and use it as on any
Here is an article with more details:
For more information, google
"how to install Android apps on Kindle"
If you have questions or require technical help
© Copyright 2021 eledit.net All Rights Reserved